Routine maintenance is important for keeping your piano in good condition, much like your car needs regular maintenance to operate properly. Pianos are a significant investment and regularly scheduled maintenance will ensure that your instrument will provide you with years of great playability and musical enjoyment.
- The standard service includes tuning, and if a pitch raise is needed, that is included in the fee. It also includes an initial inspection of the overall condition of the piano, as well as recommendations for future care and other services to maximize performance and playability of the piano. In addition to tuning, minor mechanical adjustments to resolve common problems such as sticky or sluggish keys that don’t play well, or pedals not operating properly are included as long as they take no longer than 10 minutes to resolve. If additional adjustments besides the tuning are more involved than 10 minutes, we have a full service package to allow more time to address additional issues.
- Tuning your piano is the single most important thing you can do to make sure that your treasured investment is in good condition. A piano can be in relative tune with itself but still be below pitch. Regular tunings ensure that the piano stays up to the pitch standard of A-440. This is important for proper ear training and pitch recognition when a child is learning to play or when a musician is accompanying the piano with other instruments. While the frequency of use affects the tuning to a degree, these instruments are most affected by fluctuations in temperature and humidity.
- Because pianos have other needs beyond simple tuning, our full-service tuning includes other services to improve the overall quality of function and playability of the instrument. Once the tuning is completed, the remainder of the time will be spent on other aspects of the piano’s function as needed.
- Perhaps the pedal is noisy and keys are sluggish, or there are ringing notes because dampers are not quieting the strings properly. Perhaps there are annoying clicks or squeaks coming from the keys, or many of the keys are sticking. One of the great benefits of a full-service tuning is that, in many cases, there can be problems beginning that the customer may not notice, but can be caught by the technician and remedied before they become more costly repairs or before they begin to make an unsatisfactory playing experience.
- Aspects of the function of the keyboard can be adjusted, some aspects of the regulation (this affects the function of the keys and how they operate properly) can be completed in the time remaining after the tuning. The result is a better more enjoyable playing experience.
- Learn more about the benefits of a full serve tuning by clicking here.
RepairsPrice varies according to the job
- The piano’s multitude of moving parts creates an environment for a plethora of problems. From sticking keys to squeaky pedals, to broken strings and hammers, to complete action overhauls, we provide comprehensive repair services.
- Repairs or adjustments that fall outside the scope or time limit allowed for a full-service tuning will be quoted separately. Whatever the problem may be, we can get your piano operating properly again.
RegulationPrice varies according to the job
- Regulation deals with the mechanical aspects of the piano and involves the adjustment of thousands of moving parts which make up the piano’s action. While regular tunings are important and necessary for proper piano care, tuning only takes care of the pitch of the piano. The feel of the keys beneath the hands of the pianist or the ability to repeat a note rapidly is affected by the regulation of the piano action.
- Pianos are complex vehicles of expression which the performer uses to communicate through music. For rapid trills, thundering fortissimos, and delicate pianissimos, the piano must be ready for the unrelenting demands of the musical score. Without a properly regulated action, execution of these passages and dynamic changes are much more difficult or even impossible. A well-regulated action allows the pianist to achieve the most power and responsiveness from the piano.
- Learn more about the need for action regulation by clicking here.
Cleaning ServicesPrice varies according to the job
- Over time your piano can collect dust, dirt and debris. We can make sure your piano looks as good as it sounds! Be sure to ask about our piano cleaning services.
- We offer a wide range of piano care services including inspections/evaluations and climate control services for your piano. If you have needs for a service not specifically listed, just ask! There’s a good chance we offer it, or can direct you to someone who can.
Book Your Appointment Now!
It’s easy to schedule your piano tuning with us!